Friday 15 August 2008

Car battery flat, toilet seat broken, sink leaking - what next?

OK, I managed to keep smiling through vandalism, arson and a broken ankle but today I am SERIOUSLY FED UP.

The bathroom rug was wet yesterday. I blamed the cats and washed it, but when I returned home there was a puddle where the rug had been and I see one of the water pipes has a slow but steady drip.

Yesterday the physio told me my ankle is far too swollen and I must keep it elevated and walk more. I'm not sure how that works. However, the good news is that the movement was good and she gave me no exercises to do.

Last night I got out of bed for a bathroom visit and the whole seat skidded off the toilet. Further investigation this morning has entailed much swearing at whichever bloke invented the damn things, surely they could have one without screws and nuts and sticky bits by now??????????

This morning I decided I would try a short drive to the shops as the only edibles in the place are catfood and ginger biscuits. Car battery is completely flat, it doesn't even attempt to turn over.

I hate to ask "What next?" because I am afraid of the answer.


No comments: